love-is-laetificant said: I've just given away some books I've outgrown, which means, inevitably I have been left with a gaping hole in my bookshelf, so, your task is to recommend to me your top 5 fictional books (I like stuff like John green, hunger games, Harry Potter, game of thrones)! So good luck whittling it down to 5, and thank you so much for taking the time to suggest me some good books!x
i’ll give you some of my recent favs!!!
- ARISTOTLE AND DANTE DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE by benjamin alire saenz (there’s is nothing i can do to prepare you for this book) (nothing)
- THRONE OF GLASS by sarah j. maas (the first one probably isn’t going to blow you away, but the sequels sure as hell will)
- THESE BROKEN STARS by amie kaufman and meagan spooner (i cried) (i usually don’t cry reading books) (like real, rolling-down-my-face-in-a-public-setting tears)
- UGLY LOVE by colleen hoover (more like ugly whale sobbing)
- UNTEACHABLE by leah raeder (this one isn’t for everyone) (it seems like this is the type of book people either love or hate) (but if you do love it, you’re going to be obSESSED) (so you might as well try it out)
just gonna say this: if someone has social anxiety and they ask you something akin to ‘are you mad at me’ or ‘do you hate me’, it isn’t because they don’t trust you, it’s because their brain literally tells them that all the time
it’s not a personal slight, it’s insecurity caused by mental illness
me: what’s for dinner?
her: *spreads her legs*
so, did you not cook or ….. cause popeyes closes at 10 and i need to leave now if i’m gon make it.